THE ROAD AHEAD FOR FOUNDERS
Here is a very simple guide for what to expect at different stages of development of your startup. Details may vary but it helps being prepared and having a road map. Monetryx is here to help with guidance, tools, and resources along the way. Good luck!
TYPICAL FOUNDERS’ EXPECTATIONS
Here are some of the key things founders expect and Monetryx delivers concerning interactions with investors:
- Quick decisions
- Avoid or at least reduce dilution
- Standardized Documentation
- Cash and not equity up front
- Independence of VCs
- Access to knowledge
IN THE PROCESS OF JOINING MONETRYX, THE TYPICAL FOUNDER WILL
- Create an Account Enter contact Information Create your personal profile
- Add a Company Enter contact information and incorporation details Add visuals
- Build a Profile Create Internal and Public profiles Review and publish
- Reach Investors PDF promo briefs Share public image
SOME TYPICAL STARTUP STAGES
Early Stage SETUP TO SEED INVESTING
- 12-24 months
- FFFs, HNWIs or Seed Funds
- Before and after company setup
- Simple contracts and agreements.
- Basic (ownership, financials, business plan, team)
- Formulate your vision, build a team, find investor, keep business structure simple, stay away from complex contracts
- Avoid adding people to the Board of Directors just because they invested in the idea, but do not push away “smart money” investors.
- Tools for and help with registering your company
- Help identifying and analyzing the business attributes of your idea, and preparing to present them to potential investors.
- Tools to create and manage your business profiles, send them to clients and investors on and off the platform (including social media), and pitch to potential investors in a clear and professional way that they will understand.
- Tools to seek, research and interact with investors proactively. Help you gain their trust and build lasting relationships.
- Tools and access to build an advisory network, and reach out to peers and investors.
- Tools to manage your cap table and keep all your documentation in order and ready to use.
- Tools to create the appropriate investment instruments for this stage of the process
- Tools to open your company for investing on Monetryx, using your own securities, and get funding from investors on Monetryx.
- Educational readings for every step along the way, allowing you to gain useful insight into processes and tools many owners are not familiar with.
Early Growth Stage SEED INVESTING TO SERIES A FINANCING
- 18–36 months
- Previous investors, HNWIs or VC Funds
- Product-market fit has been found
- Contracts getting more complicated. (more control given to investors). ESOP Implementation
- More sophisticated (ownership, financials, business plan, team)
- Find investors willing to support the company through next phases
- Giving up Board Seats is inevitable, yet will be beneficial to your venture
- Everything an early-stage startup might need
- Integrated Cap Table that ensures on-demand access to current and accurate information and analysis in an increasingly complex world. Ability to generate accurate ownership reports and projections
- Ability to create and offer investment securities, issue stock grants and stock options, and manage relevant documentation
- Ability to generate and keep documents, tax forms, financials and valuations. Ability to share sensitive documents with parties you choose. with or without NDA
- Ability to design and implement incentive schemes. Tools to monitor vesting periods stock allocations. Ability to provide employees and other associates with access to their holdings and incentive packages, including the corresponding documentation.
- Ability to generate due diligence reports. The fully integrated reports allow for quick and efficient review or sharing with relevant parties.
- Service providers you need to perform 409A valuation, help with due diligence, do legal work or help with specific projects.
- Ability to assign different task to different Monetryx users and manage to workload more efficiently.
- Ability to conduct and document Board of Directors business virtually or online, including but not limited to board meetings and written consent interactions.
- Ability to build, manage and utilize advisory groups